Shared #PHP web hosting is a hostile environment, with all kinds of limits and idiocy imposed on the script. I avoid any jobs involving working in such an environment (imagine working without an error log!), which makes me even more impressed with Akeeba Backup. Just take a look at this little wizard trying to sense all kinds of limitations so it can do its job even where it's hardly doable.
Due to recent events, I read so much wrong things about #Fedilab
- No, Fedilab was a paid app before the gab matter. The goal was to move people to F-Droid (Fedilab got more than 50k active users at this time)
- No, I didn't remove the free version, it was taken down by Google due to donation links.
- Yes, in-app login block is useless. That will never prevent your account to see messages from instances that you don't want to see.
And yes, the app has all tools to build your safe place.
censorship on google play, fedi meta
so google wants to throw out all fediverse clients from the play store, because one can access hate speech instances with them and they consider the client developers responsible for that
by that logic, google would have to…
1. ban all web browsers (including chrome) too, because surprise, all fedi instances have a web interface
2. ban Twitter and Fashbook too, because they're VERY tolerant of right wing hate speech (more than most mastodon and some Pleroma instances)
> Let’s say hypothetically that Apple was dumb enough to pull a Guido van Rossum, and declare that Swift 6.0 is backwards-incompatible with Swift 5.0, much in the way that Python 3 is incompatible with Python 2.
A month without network outage is a month lost at #vultr. You'd think they have their shit together given their pricing.
> Running a successful open source project is just Good Will Hunting in reverse, where you start out as a respected genius and end up being a janitor who gets into fights.
The original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfmxi-boyo
Woah, someone cosplayed Debris by Farbrausch! #demoscene
Just tried to run Foliate on the #pinephone, it integrates nicely.
I had never heard from this app before. The catalog feature is very nice.
We already knew that personalized suggestions tend to create echo chambers, but seeing it in action...
Do you also think that only the videos targeting your political views are reasonable, and the others are all nuts? To me, that's the most disturbing realization.
Generalistic Mastodon instance for open-minded people. Instance Mastodon généraliste pour personnes ouvertes d'esprit.